this week, there have been four posts begun, none finished. So, before the whole week goes by with nary a word, some randomness for you.
1.I have no money. I also have no paper towels, or wipes, or swiffer pads. this will be the month that I play "1940's House". this is a whole new side to the cloth vs. sposie debate. Fortunately, I managed to buy detergent before my obligtions to the gas company emptied my bank account.
2.Naomi and Miriam get along so freakin well. I know how lucky I am. I know this isn't because of anything I did (or didn't do), or the magic of spacing (3 years 2 months), it's that their unique temperments happen to mesh really well. Miriam thinks the sun rises and sets with Naomi. Naomi loves to teach Miriam things and take care of her. I used to try to get Naomi to be more gentle with her, especially when she was a little baby, but there is no purer expression of joy than the look on Miriam's face when she's being manhandled by her sister. I know many pairs of siblings who can't be left alone together. Who never play together. I am so lucky.
3. speaking of my girls, I woke up this morning between two mostly naked little warm bodies, and oh my god, mommygasm. little hands, wispy hair, squishy butts, rounded bellies, silken skin. and they hadn't even opened their eyes yet.
4. Naomi's been collecting seeds (from the sidewalk, from the park, from the food she eats) and planting them in any available patch of dirt she can find. She's obsessed with plants. I want to get her a giant pot for outside the front door so she can grow all different things this summer.
5. She's also obsessed with getting a pet. She wants a "mouse", like her cousin had, oh, two years ago. the mouse was actually a little white lab rat. I don't know. I told her she had to be five before she got her own pet, so that buys me a few months figure out what I can deal with. Maybe some fish. Fish don't escape and get lost in the house and get disembowled by the cat.
6. I thought I had another one? I keep getting distracted by Radio Times. I had to switch over from XPN because of the fund drive. Really, folks, you do not have a membership level for every budget. You don't have one for mine. Not even the bargain basement one that doesn't come with any "free gifts". Yes, I love your station. Yes, I care about your budget, and I remember the time the summer storm knocked out your power and it was YOUR MEMBERS that allowed you to get new Special Equiptment which prevents lightning strikes from ever again interrupting the great music that commercial radio doesn't play. GET ON WITH IT. (But, if you have the means, you should absolutely pledge. It really is a great station. I would help if I could. Really. And not just because of the CD of the month club).
7. Three out of six items alludes to Naomi's penchant for nurturing things. She's happiest when she's taking care of something. Sometimes this worries me, like when she told me of her dream where she and all the other children were made out of glass and when the little boys would break it was the little girls who would fix them. I asked her if the little girls ever broke, and she paused, and shook her head. "the little girls have to fix the little boys!" yikes.
8. Do I have another one? I don't know. I want to get a bartending job. Fast cash made during hours my kids are asleep. Sounds good. I could work it.
9. Should we go for ten?
10. Maybe not. have a nice day.